- There may still be some API churn after the merge but it shouldn't be _overly_ severe. Things might get added but hopefully what's there won't change much.
- Onox has done a fair amount of work in extras rewrite converting converting awnlib to the API changes. So if your applet uses awnlib your work may be relatively minimal.
- Doing a trivial conversion of an applet can be as simple as a few minutes work. Do take the time to test with multiple orientations etc.
- A lot of extras pplets have already been converted.
- Once we merge rewrite, awn-testing ppa packages will soon follow. Meaning applets that have not been converted will stop working for any user of the awn-testing ppa.